- About Us
- Event Calendar
- Professional Standards
- Area Information
• When a person gets their Sales Associate License, they have anywhere between 18 to 24 months to complete the 45 hour Post Licensing course, (GRI-1 is one option). There after they have 2 years to complete 14 hours CE, which consists of 9 hours of specialty credit (any real estate course that has CE credit) and 3 hours of Core Law and 3 hours of Code of Ethics.
• A first time Broker has anywhere between 18 to 24 months to complete the 60 hour Broker Post Licensing Course, (GRI-2 & GRI-3 will give you this). There after, they have 2 years to complete 14 hours of CE. (Same as the Sales Associate).
• Each Real Estate Associate must keep a copy of all the CE letters for auditing purposes (each CE course provider is mandated by FREC/DBPR to send a letter to each person who attends a CE course and meets all the requirements and they must transmit this information to the DBPR).
• You can find this transmitted information on the DBPR website at: http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/. If you need help with a password, you can call 850.487.1395.
• FAR only keeps GRI course records on the computer. The CE Express courses that FAR facilitates are kept in files under the date and course title. The Association will also place a copy of your completed CE course certificates in your file. However, you are responsible for keeping copies of all educational records for auditing and licensing purposes.
• The REALTORS® of Punta Gorda-Port Charlotte-North Port-DeSoto, Inc.® provides a vast array of educational and informational classes/seminars. This information is posted on the Association’s website here. Contact Shelley Fredericks at 941-629-8943 or email at email@example.com for registration and information. All educational classes are held at the Association.
In order to become a sales associate or broker, there are certain requirements you must meet. Click here to view what is initially needed, as well as how to renew your license.
Follow these instructions to view your Continuing Education Credits online through the Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR).
1. Go to this Website: http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/
2. Click on My Account from the menu on right side of the page.
3. For returning users, simply login.
4. If you are a new user, select "Create My Account" link below under "Create a New Online Profile" to complete your initial registration.
5. Once you are logged into the site, click on your License Number on the right side of the page.
6. On the following screen, click on “View My Continuing Education”.
You will see when your license comes up for renewal and how many hours you still need, if any.
It is very important that you keep all your continuing education letters to validate your coursework. These letters will tell you the course names and how many credits you received. If the credits did not get transmitted successfully to DBPR, then you will be able to use the letters to verify your attendance.